Wednesday, December 15, 2010

how quickly things change

What a whirlwind the last 24-36 hours have been.  After the whole second beta scare, yesterday I went to work like normal, and right before I picked my class up from music, I stopped at the washroom.  I felt fine.  I still cramp up at times, but I hadn't had any spotting sine maybe Friday or Saturday.  So I go to the bathroom, and when I wiped, it was  red.  Like red, red.  And there's more of it than I have had so far.  Quite a bit more, but it wasn't heavy.  Just enough to freak me out.  I wiped a few more times as I began to hyperventilate.  Seriously.  I couldn't take a breath, just short gasps of air.  Then I began crying hysterically . 

Very long story short, I work with some very, very amazing and supportive people.  The social worker/pal of mine who knows what my deal is walked me to the nurse, they got me somewhat coherent and relatively normal (although I had several more boughts of breathing trouble and crying jags), and my mom was called.  She works super close to my house, so she left school.  My wonderful assistant principal drove me home to save time.  I called Jamie to let him know what was going on, but told him not to leave work until I heard from the doctor.  After a few phone calls I got a hold of my nurse and was ordered to the bed or couch until Thursday afternoon, which is wheh they're going to try a very, very, very early ultrasound.  I go back next Thursday the 23rd for what should have been my first real pregnancy u/s, but in leiu of yesterday they just want to see what they can see, if anything, at this point.  She also had me take my progesterone shot early to help relax my uterus.  My mom did not handle administering it very well.  She got the job done and I give her so much credit!  But I could tell it really bothered her to do it.  She asked a few times if I'd like her to drive me to her school and have the nurse do it.  =)  No way was that happening! 

So that's it.  I'm going to go lay back down and rest for now.  Any thoughts and prayers that can be spared are always appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment