Friday, December 17, 2010

here we go again

There's never a dull moment in my life, that's for sure.  I received a phone call from my nurse about an hour ago.  I should have just checked the stupid voicemail system, but they felt the eed to call me, which made my heart drop a bit.  Evidently, they want my progesterone level at 20 or higher right now.  On Monday, it was 46, and yesterday's bloodwork showed a drop to 20.  Great.  Just great.  I spent some time calling local pharmacies to find Endometrin 100mg vaginal suppositories.  Jamie had to wait a very long time after work at the pharmacy, but he's on his way home with it now.  I'll be taking these 3 times a day.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I will do whatever I have to do to maintain this pregnancy.  If they tell me poking needles into my pupils would make a difference, I'd do it. 

My nurse reassured me that they are just being very cautious.  I'm at the low end of where they want me.  I'll take some medicine to get it back up where it was.  Everything looked fine yesterday, and that is very important.  My beta from yesterday was 15,017, up a lot from Monday's 4,840.  I'm in good shape.  I'm on bedrest.  I'm eating right.  I'm taking my medicines.  And I'm still praying.  That's all I can do! 

This was my third scare/setback/dramatic performance this week.  I'm done!  No more!  Nothing but smooth sailing from here.

As my Grandma used to say... Holy Tony, cut out the baloney, and help me have a healthy pregnancy.  (She wasn't asking for a healthy pregnancy, I just filled in the blank!)  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment