Monday, February 13, 2012

weigh-in: week 5

Hi, my name is Amanda, and I kinda suck at life. 

I lost a pound.  The same dang pound I gained last week.  So the last two weeks are a wash.

I'm down a total of 9 pounds (once again).  I'm already struggling a bit after this weekend.  We ate out a few times including a baptism, and I chowed down on some Valentine candy.  I love eating out; it tastes so good and I enjoy not having to cook or clean up.  It's just hard to jump back on the WW train.  And, to boot, I'm due to get a visit from AF later this week. 

I thought about scrapping the weekly updates because there's not much to report.  Just another let down, and I have to one to blame but myself.  But then I thought, keep at it... if I wasn't making some effort, even as half-hearted as it may be sometimes, it's better than doing nothing.  If I didn't try at all for these last five weeks, I'd be 9 pounds heavier, if not more!  I didn't reach my first goal, so I need to revise. 

By March 15, I'd like to be down 11.5 more pounds, for a grand total of -20.  I realize it's kind of steep, but I have a lot to lose.  It's not like I'm only twenty pounds overweight.  I have way more than that to go. 

I'm going to just go ahead and put it my numbers out there.  I'm not all into taking measurements with a tape measure, just the scale, but here goes:

I'm 5'9"

On January 5, I weighed 243.5

On February 11, I weighed 234.5

**by March 15, I'd LIKE to weigh 223
**by April 14 (my bday), I'd LIKE to weigh 218
**by June 1, I'd LIKE to weigh 209
**by July 5 (Gabriella and Benjamin's bday), I'd LIKE to be under 199
**If and when I break through into ONEderland (in the 100's, thankyouverymuchBiggestLoser), I'll set some new goals.  I'd be thrilled if I can get into and stay in the 190s by the end of the year.  If I reach this goal by my self-imposed deadline, I'll certainly work up some more milestones for the remaining 5 months of the year.  If life gets in the way and it takes me a bit longer, then so be it.  But 190s by the end of 2012 is my goal.  Whether than happens in July and I maintain, or if I struggle and it takes me until December to get there, I'm going to make it happen.  That would be about a 50 pound weight loss.  But seriously, baby steps.  Nine down, forty-one to go.

There it is.  It isn't pretty, but it's where I am.  Hopefully not for much longer though if I can get my act together.  So buck up little camper and just take it one meal at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment