Friday, November 26, 2010

my crystal ball

Even though I absolutely love being a teacher, I love staying home even more!  After I had parent/teacher conferences on Monday and Tuesday (no kiddos since last Friday), I've had Wednesday, Thanksgiving, today, tomorrow, and Sunday off.  Since my transfer is on Sunday, I'll be taking Monday off as well, just to be a couch potato. 

Realizing that things never seem to go according to plan, here's my plan anyway:
Go back to work on Tuesday.
Endure the 2ww, and get my first ever Big Fat Positive
Finish out the last week of school before Christmas break.
Enjoy my Christmas miracle(s).
Let my principal know that I'll be on bed rest for my first trimester.
   *I have already spoken to my doctor about this.  After 3 years of trying to get pregnant, I will be doing everything in my power to stay relaxed and calm and happy and safe.  If I could put myself into a protective bubble, I'd do that!  For now, the best I can get is 13 weeks, free of work.
Go back to work mid-March.
Work for a month, until spring break.
Finish out the last 5 weeks of the school year.

This is my perfect, best-case scenario plan.  If I had a crystal ball, this is what I'd hope to see in it!

I just have so much more hope than I've had in a really long time.  Being home the last few days has really helped my anxiety level, too.  Like I said, I love my job, but it is very stressful.  I think just the timing of how this transfer is going down couldn't be more perfect.  Relaxation before hand for many days, work a few weeks, off for the first trimester, work a month, off a week, work a month, then summer.  It's like the stars have alligned, and this is just all meant to work out for once. 

As for today and tomorrow, I'll be cleaning and decorating.  I haven't quite decided if I'll be doing any shopping.  The idea of staying in my jammies all day and watching tv may win out.  I have a relly great technique so cleaning doesn't feel like cleaning.  If I'm watching tv, during every commercial break, I get up and clean for those 2 and 1/2  minutes.  When my show is back on, I'm back on the couch or bed.  it doesn't sound like much, but the time adds up and I work harder because I know it's only 2 minutes!  Well, it works for me.  I'd rather spend all day doing it like that than spend an hour or two cleaning nonstop.

1 comment:

  1. Love your cleaning theory! I do that myself. You will be amazed at what you can get done during commercial breaks!!

    ReplyDelete