Monday, November 14, 2011

reflect

 found  here
I had some time yesterday to mess around on the computer since Jamie was home and playing with the babies.  I was checking out a few new blogs and happened upon this quote.  I read it a couple of times and then just stopped to think.  I was born and raised Catholic, as was Jamie (he even went to Catholic grade school- I went to a private Catholic college).  We go to church, although our attendance has dropped quite a bit since bedrest in June and Gabriella and Benjamin were born in July.  The babies were baptized on October 16, and church and God will continue to be an important part of their lives.  In our house, we heart Jesus! 

All of that being said, when I read this I thought back to my bedtime prayers on Saturday night.  I have so much to be thankful for, and I'll be the first person to recognize that.  I do say prayers of thanksgiving each night, but there's so much more to be thankful for than what I've been aknowledging nightly.  With everything that has happened with my infertility, pregnancy, and my preemies in the summer, I may have fallen into a pattern of asking God for help and giving my worries to him (which I know is all fine and dandy!) and not really, really appreciating all that I've been blessed with.  I know how much I have been blessed.  I just need to make more of a conscious decision to praise God for all he has given me on a daily basis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment