Friday, June 29, 2012

Lucy

Here's the newest member of our household:
Lucy


Lucy was born on March 26.  We brought her home on May 19, just a few days shy of her being eight weeks old.  She's a smooth (or short) coat, where as Greta was a rough (or long) coat.  Basically she'll have a coat very similar to a Lab but with the markings of a Saint Bernard.  She's a very sweet girl and is great with the babies.  She's a baby herself and has those really sharp puppy teeth, so we're very careful with her around Gabriella and Benjamin.  I'd be lying if I said that I didn't cry a whole heck of a lot over Greta right before we brought Lucy home and even for a while after she joined our family.  I miss my Greta.  But Lucy's here now.  Here to make memories with us, to become a faithful friend to my babies.  Gabriella really gets a kick out of her, crawling after her around the couch and letting Lucy give her kisses!  Benjamin was a little more cautious at first, after being on the wrong side of those puppy teeth one morning.  But he loves her, too!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute puppy. And look how big your kids are getting! Holy moly, they will be 1 soon! Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I know! It's so crazy how fast time flies. I read a quote somewhere that says something like "The days can be long, but the years go fast." So very true!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh Amanda - Lucy is adorable! I just love the pic of her with the kids around her! She is going to be a great addition to the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :o) Thanks! I hope that they'll all be best friends for a very long time!!!

    ReplyDelete