Friday, March 9, 2012

changing it up

Weight Watchers has been my "go to" means of weight loss for as long as I can remember, since I decided to try things the healthy way.  Prior to WW, you name it, I did it... including some very unhealthy and dangerous things.  I've used countless diet pills, including using crazy amounts of them.  I clearly remember one night when I laid in bed and my heart pounded and raced like nothing I've ever felt before or since.  For the first time ever in my life, I truly thought I might die that night.  I've jammed fingers down my throat to bring up what I had eaten.  I tried Jenny Craig for a while thinking that if I didn't have to really think about my meals and go shopping that I'd be successful.  Well, I hated their food, and it was pricey.  I have honestly joined WW and sat at those meetings so many times that I could probably run the meetings as well as any of the leaders.  I know what to do, it's just a matter of actually doing it. 

All of that being said, I'm going to step out of my comfort zone just a bit and try simply calorie counting with a fun app on my phone.  And Jamie and I are still going to Shred at least 3 or 4 times a week.  I'm kind of excited to change things up a bit, but the true test will be in another week when I hop on the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment